Friday, January 8, 2010

Wedding Task: Favors

Accomplished!

We decided a long time ago that we would make some sort of charitable contribution for a our favors .. and then a while back we stumbled on the idea of planting a tree in honor of each guest ... but we were still overwhelmed by options. There are so many ways to do it, so many potential companies to go through .... what to do??? Well what we decided to do was research every ingle one until we were blue in the face and then go with the two we liked best (which incidentally happened to be pretty cheap too! Only $1 buys a tree! $1!!!!). We bought half the trees from The Arbor Day Foundation and half from the Nature Conservancy .. yep we are wise like Solomon .. always split that baby people!

Then I hopped, skipped, and clicked on over to VistaPrint to make the cards for each guest letting them know that a tree had been planted for them. Again, I made half representing on organization and half the other. Check the design skills peeps ...




You know like my style! And I bought it through ebates so I even got money back! Woo! I love me a good deal .. (its like chocolate cake or pizza even when its not that good a deal ... its still damn good!)

If you would like to plant trees through The Arbor Day Foundation click here and to plant trees through Nature Conservancy click here.

4 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I'm totally loving vistaprint. They are awesome. I love your favors... very very well done!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

They look great! Wonderful idea for favors.

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

oh yes!!!

excellent!!!!!!

happy new year to you!
-kelley

Dearborn TV Repairs said...

Thanks for a great readd